Why Is Good Behaviour Important In School?
Behavior comprises of the mannerisms and actions exhibited by a person. Good manners are not just about following set rules. Relating well with people, hard work, being able to stand up for oneself and others for the right reasons and knowing how to control emotions are also critical. Instilling discipline in children at an early age makes them grow up confident, respectful and knowledgeable of what is right and wrong. Poorly behaved kids not only create bad publicity but also cause a lot of embarrassment.
Every school has rules and regulations. Breaking them seems easy and fun. Many students see getting into trouble frequently as cool, but this is not the case. It takes gut and courage to constantly do what is right amidst negative pressure. Behaving well attracts favor and honor from peers, parents, school staff, even the administration. All this respect boosts self-esteem. Many would settle for leaders with good conduct. Moreover, well-behaved students always have the best recommendations.
Need an essay customized under your requirements? We can help you
According to Duckworth and Seligman, good character is more integral to good performance as compared to IQ. (M.E.P, 2005). Morals enable one set priorities. Upright students do not permit any distractions. At school, they only focus on one thing; their quest for knowledge. When everyone else is busy trying to look good, they struggle to excel keeping in mind that their time is coming. They channel all their efforts and concentration to their books. Success in later life is commonly attributed to academic prowess. Directly or indirectly, it is evident that behavior influences people’s life outcomes.
Good behavior sets students apart. Everyone else will use you as a point of reference. Parents would wish for their children to behave like you. Your age mates and those younger than you will always try to put themselves in your shoes before making any decision. In case of any problems, they will run to you for counsel and help because your personality has earned their trust. Overwhelming, right? But it is all in good faith.
The whole issue about good behavior in schools may raise different opinions. Some may think that it’s a plot for the administration to be domineering and strict, making everything about learning boring, definite and predictable; but it is not so. Imagine an institution with self- driven learners; all focused on their education, active in all school activities, following all the set rules, engaging their teachers and guardians adequately in their learning process and presenting their grievances confidently through the right channels. What an epic situation! The school will run efficiently, and classes will be very effective as no one will create distractions of any kind. Learning will even be more fun because more benefits and rewards might be introduced.
In as much as school is meant to instill knowledge, it also presents challenges that can only be overcome by wit and wisdom. Being of noble character from a tender age puts you in a better position to solve more and bigger problems that may arise in the future. Wise people remember lessons learned from their past experiences; good or bad and apply them when a need arises.
Emotional intelligence is a strength very few have. Principles of morality are incomplete without it. Attributes such as self-control, perseverance, and sociability are very essential when it comes to relating with others. It is very common to find students fighting just because one of them bad mouthed another, or one hating a math teacher because of a failed test. Knowing where to direct negative anger emotions helps in building and sustaining relationships. Fighting and hating is not a solution. At times silence is the best medicine. Seeking help can contribute to improving grades and even kill the bad attitude.
The society we live in today is quite rotten. Demanding good behavior from students is quite tall order. Some institutions even go as far as giving incentives for students to behave well. How shameful! Ultimately, winning is the game of those with proper conduct.
Good Manners are the thing which is not limited for learning from any particular place but can be learnt from everywhere by everyone. Having “Good Manners” in daily routine life is as much important as any other thing in your life. Here we are providing some brief and detailed information in form of “Essay on Good Manners”, that is in simple and easy English language, and can be beneficial for all age students. Students can learn the definition of Good Manners from here and can apply in their own life. Here are two categories given i.e. “Short Essay on Good Manners” and “Long Essay on Good Manners” with different word counts of 100, 200, 300, 400 and 600 words.
Short Essay on Good Manners
Three types of essays are given in this category with word counts of 100, 200 and 300 words that can be useful for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Students can use it for their own or for essay writing competition in class.
Good Manners Essay 1 (100 Words)
Having curtsey, being polite or humble, respects for elders and love for children are the simple types of Good Manners. These general activities or social behaviour magnificence a person’s personality entirely and makes him or her completely distinguished from others for their good behaviour. Person with all these qualities and etiquettes are always admirable and accepted by the others. We all expect good behaviour from others but we don’t want to follow it own. Very few people are having their whole routine life with good manners. There is no age limit of learning good habits or manners, whatever the age we have, learning should not be stopped.
Good Manners Essay 2 (200 Words)
Good Manner is like the precious ornaments for a person that improves his or her personality in great excess. A man or woman whether they are from any background or any financial condition if they are behaving with good manners in front of anyone, they are always accepted and appreciated by everyone. In our society, good manners are defined in some few words like if you hurt someone then you should say “sorry”, if You are offered some gifts or other things from anyone you should say “thank you” and when you ask or want something from anyone you should add “please” before you start your sentence. These three words are also referred as “Three magical words” in dictionary.
Good manners are same for children and elders in some matters like in daily routine activities children learn from their parents how to speak, how to eat, how to behave, etc. For elders, definition of good manners change by a little bit like in outside world, they are the responsible civilized person thus require to have politeness, curtsey, humbleness, kindness and etiquettes in them while behaving with others. Person with good manner always respects his or her values with dignity and reverence.
Good Manners Essay 3 (300 words)
Having or practicing good manners in life, a person not only admirable at home by his/her family members but also in social life, they are acceptable by all due to their humble and good behaviour for others. If a person does not act with manners in front of someone, then he or she can never be admirable by anyone whether he or she is full of outside beauty and highly educated. Good manners can also be the reason for success in academic or professional career as introducing manners in daily routine life a person becomes much aware of importance of time and punctuality which makes a man perfect. Sincerity, responsibility and honesty are the qualities of good manners. A person with good heart and good manners always attracts people towards him.
Three magical words are the basic education of good manners these are “Thank you”, “Sorry” and “Please”. By using these three words we automatically learn half of the lesson of good manners.
- If someone offered you something like gifts or some kind of favour or praise you, then you should say “Thank You”.
- If you ask or want something or any kind of favour from others then before starting your sentence you should say “Please”.
- If you hurt someone whether intentionally or by mistake, you should say “Sorry”.
Above is the fundamental education of good manners that should be followed by each and every person including children, elders or senior citizen. Apart from these, various moments comes when you are required to show good manners or etiquettes like always cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough, follow “table manners” when you take food with others, allow others to talk without interfering them and wait for your turn, use of bad language should be avoided in front of others, be always ready for help of others specially for older and children.
There is no limit of learning any kind of good manners which are the essential part of our life. By behaving polite, humble and kind you will always make a place in everyone’s heart.
Long Essay on Good Manners
Two types of essays are given in this category with word counts of 400 and 600. Essays are given in simple and easy to understand language that can be useful for all age group students having different purpose.
Good Manners Essay 4 (400 words)
Since our childhood, we are taught good manners initially by our parents after that by our teachers and later on by the society. Being humble, polite and respectful to others are called good manners for elders that reflect your image and inner beauty in front of others. A person with good manners is appreciated by all whether he is rich or poor, beautiful or ugly, literate or illiterate. A man or woman whether they are too much highly educated and having good looks but if they are not polite and humble to others they will not be appreciated by anyone.
Various terms and conditions are defined in category of Good Manners:
For Children at Home:
- To clean up their full body by brushing teeth, taking bath and cleaning of nails.
- Wash hands before eating, take meals at proper time, no talk during eating and chew well with closed mouth.
- Take permission from parents before going out the house.
- Say “Thank you” when you get something from others, say “Sorry” when you do some mistakes and add “Please” before asking any favour or want thing from others.
- Say “Good morning” after wakeup in the morning and “Good night” before sleeping in the night to family members.
- Brush your teeth before going to bed in night.
For Children at School:
- Take permission before entering the class.
- Do not take other’s thing without their permission.
- Always obey your teachers and elders.
- Do not push anyone in the queue and wait for your turn.
- Always say “Good Morning” and “Good Afternoon” to elder or teacher when you pass them while walking.
Manners for Elders
Though Good Manners does not change for elders but some good habits or manners are additional for them like:
- Always have curtsey and be polite or humble during talking to someone whether elder or younger from you.
- Say Sorry and take responsibility if you have made a mistake.
- Allow older, children or women in public places to go first and in bus or train offer your seat to them.
- Never use bad words or abuse in front of others.
- Never interfere between other’s talk and wait for your turn.
- Use of three magical words of Sorry, Thank you and Please makes you perfect.
- Gossip and talking bad about others is not the definition of good manners.
Good Manners also plays the key role in the success of a person and building the good human relationship. Having good manners a person automatically inherits determination, allegiance, punctuality, understands the importance of time and respects elder which makes him respectful by others and by their children.
Good Manners Essay 5 (600 Words)
Good Manners are those habits or activities which not only prove a person as sensible, civilized, gentle and mature but also enhance the inner quality of a person and make him or her good human being. In our daily routine life, various moments comes when we have to show and behave with manners. We all want our child to be a manner full child so we always teach them how to behave properly and manner well; if we own don’t follow it then we will not be able to teach our child importance and advantages of good manners.
What are the Good Manners?
Some Good Manners are common for all age group people like:
- Early wakeup in the morning, do some exercises.
- Brush your teeth, take a fresh bath.
- Have healthy and proper breakfast.
- Say good bye to all while going outside the house.
- In school or office say “Good morning” to all who passes you while walking.
- Listen to someone with all focus and advice him efficiently.
- Always be ready for the help of needy people.
- A soft spoken language always attracts people towards you.
- Respect your teachers, parents and elders always.
- Time punctuality is always helpful in getting success.
- You should not take other’s thing without his or her permission.
- Say “Sorry”, when you do some faults or someone got hurt by you.
- Say “Thank you”, when you are appreciated or offered something by someone.
- Say “Please”, when you request or ask something from anyone.
Various moments are also counted in list of “Good Manners” for elders:
- Always be polite and humble in front of others.
- Behave proper when you speak to someone especially with or in front of children.
- Always appreciate other’s efforts.
- Proper dress up which doesn’t spoil your image.
- Do not ask personal question.
- Allow old people, children, women or physically handicapped people to go or sit first in public place like bus, train or any kind of queue at billing counter.
- Avoid smoking and drinking in public places.
- Neat and clean outfit always presents the personality of a person.
- Gossiping, embarrassing or making fun of others always down and destroy your image completely.
From where you can teach manners:
There is no any particular place designated as institutes of learning good manners and we can say that from everywhere we can learn good manners. First, we start learning manners at our home, since our childhood our parents teach us to have manners in front of others. From the cleaning of our body to the speaking behaviour in front of others comes under the good manners. In School, teachers teach us to behave with good manners and so many things about good manners we learn when we grow up.
Though a word of “Good Manner” seems a little word but it matters most. Now having good manners has become the necessity of a person in this changing world and also following by most of the person as its positive results force you to follow it.
- At home, family members with good manners make the environment of house pleasant and healthy.
- In school, a student with good manners becomes favourite of other classmates and his or her teachers too.
- At workplace, an employee with good manners becomes trustworthy and faithful for his or her boss and a boss with humble and polite nature is also become the reason of success of the company as he/she brings the positive energy and encourages or motivates employees with his good behaviour.
- In Society, a person with good manners is always admirable and accepted by all.
Etiquettes and good manners are the inner quality of a person which even hides the physical disabilities of that person. A person, whether he/she is not having good looks and outer beauty but is humble and kind to others, reserves a special place in other’s heart and mind. Learning good manners should not be ended in life as they are the general requirement for people in this changing and growing world.
Essay on Books