Fun Persuasive Speech Topics
Here are over 50 fun persuasive speech topics to help you create a light-hearted speech that will be enjoyable to listen to AND to write!
Many people end up covering the same tired topics that they see in the media each day, simply because they can't come up with a better idea. That won't be you, of course, because these topics are fresh and entertaining!
Here are 53 thought-provoking ideas to consider...
First 27 Fun Persuasive Speech Topics
- The movie rating system is rigged.
- Voting should be mandatory.
- Marijuana should be legalized and allowed to be sold in coffee shops.
- College textbooks should be loaned to students for free.
- Parking and coffee should be included in college tuition.
- Students should not have to take coursework unrelated to their major.
- College students should be required to wear uniforms.
- Let go of the past.
- Jury duty should not be mandatory.
- Health insurance should be free to all.
- Students should be exempt from taxes.
- As gas prices increase, wages should too!
- Teachers should be required to provide study guides for exams.
- Safety lights should be installed in all college parking lots.
- Becoming a vegetarian makes for a healthier lifestyle.
- Losing weight is a great way to change your life.
- Lying is a natural and necessary part of good relationships.
- Carpe diem! (Seize the day!)
- Start planning for the future.
- Don't eat fast food!
- Don't fall prey to fad diets!
- Be yourself! (Leadership rather than following others)
- Parent teacher conferences should be mandatory.
- Say "no" to college credit card offers.
- Minimum wage should be raised.
- Luck is not a matter of chance (click to read a sample speech).
2nd 27 Fun Persuasive Speech Topics
- Become an organ donor.
- Cats are better than dogs.
- Elvis is alive!
- Michael Jackson was abducted by aliens!
- Miley Cyrus's twerking was a shrewd publicity stunt.
- Home schooling is the best education program!
- Private schools are better than public schools!
- Donate to charity!
- Satellite is better than cable!
- McDonalds is better than Burger King.
- Buying is better than renting.
- Renting is better than buying.
- Don't procrastinate.
- Celebrities receive preferential legal treatment.
- Reality TV is not "real".
- Keep a journal.
- Women can do anything men do and they can do it better!
- Athletes should be good role models.
- Winning isn't everything but it sure beats losing.
- All is fair in love and war.
- Teachers deserve pay raises!
- Students with "A's" should be exempt from finals.
- Everyone should own a pet!
- Wal-mart is the best place to shop!
- Use credit cards responsibly.
- Everyone should take a self defense class.
- Parents should take an active role in their children's education.
Okay, so that's my list of fun persuasive speech topics. Hopefully they will inspire you to come up with some of your own!
I know just how creative the folks who visit Best Speech Topics are, so if you come up with an entertaining persuasive speech, use this form to send your speech in and share it with everyone.
Return to Top of Page
A Guide to Persuasive Speech Writing
More Tips for Writing Good Persuasive Speeches
Another Example Outline
3 Tips for Writing a Speech That Gets Results
Coming up With Ideas
More Ways to Find the Perfect Topic
Topics to try...
Ideal for Teens
Example persuasive speeches for inspiration...
The Role of Marriage in Society
Fun Speech about Luck
Using a Cell Phone Whilst Driving
School Uniform Policies
Become an Activist
Persuasive speech topics convince a reader to embrace the point of view presented by the writer. The audience must be convinced by way of an argument or application.
Persuasion is all over in way of advertisement, brochures, junk mail and many others. Look around you and you will note a form of persuasion or the other.
Alliteration, similes, pun, irony, metaphors are key in funny essay topics. Balancing your words and not going over the top in trying to be funny will be receptive to your target reader.
Funny Persuasive Speech
This type of writing gives color to the speech and the effect is unrivaled. Fun element is engaged in all aspects of writing. A funny persuasive speech must bring out a humorous response from the reader from the first word to the last. And as the adage says “ a good laugh heals a lot of hurts”. We have come up with a list of topics to ensure your audience laughs all the way.
List of 67 Funny Persuasive Speech Topics
- Which country wants more wars with its neighbors? Elect in a woman president.
- Men are happier than women.
- Why do men get intimidated by funny women?
- Want to see your man’s skin crawl? Reach out for his phone as he goes to the washroom.
- As fuel prices increase so should wages too.
- Lying is a necessary evil in relationships.
- Should parking be free for college students?
- Does becoming a vegetarian improve your life?
- Is time travel a reality or a fad?
- Women can do better than men and not in talking.
- Due to excessive use of cellphones on dates. People might fall in love with the others phone cover.
- Beauty and dumb or plain Jane with brains, which one would men prefer?
- When meeting with an ex do both party play in their mind “who won”?
- Should men wear skinny jeans?
- Psychologist will agree “never let your man’s mind wander, it is too little to be on its own?
- Should your parents keep off your Facebook?
- A break up insurance policy? Will people buy this premium?
- Does fair work all the time in life?
- Is jury duty voluntary?
- Why should your room be cleaned everyday?
- Which is the best way to fire your boss?
- What not to say on a first date.
- Do men behave more badly than women?
- Why is it that moms know best?
- The origin of April Fools Day.
- Funniest childhood memories of kindergarten.
- What not to wear on first date.
- Does happily ever after exist?
- How to fail at exercising.
- Are blind dates for the visually impaired?
- Did dogs stop eating homework?
- When sleep eludes can you count chicks instead of sheep?
- How can you make fun part of your daily life?
- What is the opposite of the Murphy’s law?
- What lessons have your learnt from your pet?
- Humorous first date experience.
- Why do women lie about their age?
- How to cope with college reunions?
- Things not to do in a traffic jam?
- How to lose your friends fast.
- How to be a delightful host.
- Do pets make people happy?
- Will there be a day that Facebook will not rule the world?
- Are fraternities not so cool nowadays.
- Men gossip more than women?
- Do men make better chefs?
- What you should not wear to a prom.
- Why is it always rule of the thumb and no any other finger?
- Should someone in his thirties still be living with their parents?
- Are talking cartoons like Talking Tom bad for child’s development?
- Are women better CEO’s?
- Are rural folks happier than town folks?
- Are horoscopes true?
- Should fat ladies wear skinny pants?
- Are blondes smarter than brunettes?
- Do funny people have a gene that makes them tickle?
- What are the determinants that you are addicted to the internet?
- Is there such thing as a profitable mistake?
- Dating rules women wish men knew?
- How to become a celebrity in your college?
- Is karma real?
- How to avoid phone call pranks.
- How to smile amidst tension.
- My first attempt on a bicycle?
- How to have fun in a reunion.
- What better ways can men do to remember birthdays, anniversaries etc.
- How can you get over a wardrobe malfunction?
Also read: powerpoint presentation topics
Steps for an Effective Persuasion
Know your audience
You need to ask yourself the following questions about your audience?
- What are their beliefs in regards to the topic?
- What counter arguments may arise from them?
- Would they feel the topic affects them directly? And much more.
Support your opinion
Detail your topic and involve your readers senses. Use of anecdotes goes a long way in keeping them glued to the essay.
Find common ground
Counter arguments best tackled respectfully are convincing. Avoid being bullish as much as you find your opinion more stronger than that of your audience.
Have credible sources
Use reputable statistic and studies and cite appropriately.
Remember your essay should not be a string of jokes, it is a narrative it should have a beginning, middle and the end. Should your subject matter be serious be reminded that humour can ease tension and provide relief to difficult situations.
Do you need a speech, research paper or essay done for you? You can buy term papers online and get help from real professionals